January 11, 2015
Today, we have released the new version 2.9.12 of RainbowNote on AppStore. It contains Google Sync improvements, Backup to iTunes and UI improvements.
- Google Sync Improved
- Backup to iTunes on PC added (Paid Ver.)
- Fullscreen button on editor revived
- Access to “Quick Access” from editor added as option
Google Sync Improvements
- Removed API usage of Google Docs API which will be expired at April 2015
- Parallel fetch of folder contents now up to 15 folders
- Map markers added to map links on newly created / updated documents
- Uploading to Google Drive now has Package uploading mode
- Settings update fail verify improved
Backup to iTunes on PC (Paid Ver.)
For those who don’t use Google Drive, we have prepared backup and restore function using PC and iTunes.
Fullscreen button on editor revived
Fullscreen button on editor revived (it was on old UI. You can hide the button in “BAR BUTTON MODE” option).
Access to “Quick Access” from editor (option)
* If you would like to use this function, you should first enable it. Go “Calendar/List/Editor” page from “Settings” and change “BAR BUTTON MODE” setting of “Editor: Back To List”.
November 5, 2014
This update fixes the calendar problem on iPhone 6 Plus / iPhone 6. Please update RainbowNotes to the latest version if you have these devices.
November 4, 2014
If you are using iPhone 6 Plus / iPhone 6, there is a bug in the latest version of RainbowNote (v.2.9.10) that causes crash when showing a calendar. We have registered the fix version for it and it is waiting for Apple’s review. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
How to avoid the problem on current version
If RainbowNote always crash on launch because of the problem, please set “Reset Last View State” switch on and relaunch. How to do is below.
【Online Help: When you fails to launch RainbowNote】
If you usually use calendar view, you should change the sort order of the note list from updated (list view default) to created (calendar view default). How to do is below.
【Online Help: Sort your notes】
November 2, 2014
Today, we have released the new version 2.9.10 of RainbowNote on AppStore.
It contains native resolution support for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, fixes for the problems on iOS 8 and the fix for (null) note problem.
- iPhone 6 / 6 Plus native resolution support
- Quick-Add-Note for list view
- Editor problems fixed (iOS 8)
- Autocorrection bug fixed
- Lite to Paid transfer fixed (iOS 8)
- AirPrint support revived
- Other fixes, improvements
About (null) note problem
If there are notes that are shown as (null) in list view, whole or a part of the text would be lost. The bug is caused by mis-handling of special characters like emoji which consumes two characters for one representation (It is fixed in this version).
We apologize to the users who suffered from the bug.
If you would like to know the detail, please take a look at the article below.
Go “Calendar / List / Editor” from “Settings” page, then change the settings for “New Item (+ Button)” to change the button to quick add mode.
October 26, 2014
If there are notes that are shown as (null) in list view, whole or a part of the text would be lost (*1). The bug exists from v.2.9.8 and is caused by mis-handling of special characters like emoji which consumes two characters for one representation.
We apologize to the users who suffered from the bug.
To solve the problem, we have added the fixes to the next version (v.2.9.10).
- Fix for the mis-handling of cursor in editor that may cause the separation of two inseparable character pair that are illegal to system if separated.
- On save, added the logic that checks and removes the illegal characters created by separation to avoid the data lost.
- Fix for the crash on opening a (null) note.
We have registered the new version to AppStore. It is now waiting for the Apple’s review. Please wait a while before it becomes available in AppStore. Before that, please do not tap emoji to start editing(*2).
*1 Photos in notes are not affected by this bug. In addition, if a note has a photo, a part of the text may remain because of the save data structure.
*2 If separation of emoji occurred, it will become visible after the save of the note done (by tapping “Done” button etc). There will be two characters that looks like “squared capital A”. If you did separation, please stay on the editor and delete all of these illegal characters to avoid the data lost.
September 18, 2014
We released the new version of RainbowNote (ver.2.9.9) today. This version contains editor stability problem fix, right to left language support (on editor) and other fixes.
[New fixes and features]
- Fix for editor stability problem
- Dark theme added
- When you long press a photo, cut and copy menu will be shown (editor)
- Right to left language support (editor)
- Other bug fixes
August 28, 2014
The new version of RainbowNote (2.9.8) is now ready for sale in AppStore. It contains new flat-style UI and the fix for Google Drive sync problem previously reported.
August 23, 2014
We have registered a new version of RainbowNote that has the fix for the sync problem we mentioned in previous post.
It is now waiting for review by Apple. Please wait a while before the sync feature works as well as before.
August 3, 2014
Currently, updating an existing document on Google Drive from RainbowNote fails because of the unannounced Google Drive API change. We are now working to fix it. Sorry for the inconvenience.
October 17, 2013
This update fixes the problem on “Transfer Notes to Paid Version” function when running on iOS 7.0.2. Please update RainbowNotes to the latest version if you have trouble with the function.
You need to update both Lite and Paid version of RainbowNote to work the function correctly.